Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

My sporting Biography

                                                     


 Olga Korbut

1955 -  present


Great Good Gymnast


Can you imagine going to the olympics at the age of 11? 


Olga Korbut is a famous gymnast.


Olga Korbut grew up in Grodno Belarus, she started to train at the age of eight because she wanted to be a famous gymnast and win medals.


She went to Yanka Kupale state university of Grondo and at the age of 11 the young girl qualified for the sovie sports school system.


As Olga grew up, she was starting to make an impression. Olga happily won silver in the 1972 summer olympics on the uneven bars.


UNBELIEVABLE 


Olga Korbut's legacy that she will leave behind is that she is still involved with gymnastics Coaching  to make younger kids fall in love with gymnastics. Olga would like to be remembered for her kind friend. 


Her message we can feel through her is never give up Olga demonstrates for others, honesty, kindness and strength.



She can do a backwoods flip on the balance beam

Her full name is Olga Valentine Korbut.

After she retimened she became a teacher.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe,
    I really enjoyed reading your biography about Olga Korbut because I can remember her in her later years at the Olympics when I was a child and we thought she was so amazing.
    Mrs Roach

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Zoe,
    Well done on your Olga Korbut sproting biography. WELL DONE!!

    From Madison

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post