Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Trip Recount

 Kia Ora, Welcome back to my blog. So today I am going to be showing my trip recount about Margreat Mahy.  We went to Margreat Mahy on the bus and then walked to the 4 different rotations. They were Tuna feeding and the mat's, going on the Waka down the Avon river, Looking at the Margreat mahy sigh carved into the ground and the last rotation was going to Victoria Square and looking at the pou. 

Here is mine!! Hope you like it!!

On Thursday the 20th of May Tumu hub went to Margaret Mahy Playground. First we did the mats.

For the mats we were learning about the designs and what they mean because they mean different stories.

Then we fed the tuna which were eels but I didn’t get to feed them until later because they weren’t hungry.

When we got to the Waka we learnt the commands and learnt how to row the paddles.

Then we went to Victoria Square and we had a look around and then we tried to draw the pou.

Next we went to Margreat Mahy and looked at this song that was in the concrete.    


My favourite part of the trip was the waka because I loved going under the bridge and we also went back and forth a lot of times.


Something I learnt was that the Māori mats had different meanings and there are 13 of them in Christchurch.

At Victoria Square I found another 3 mats. 


The thing I found the most interesting was looking at the Victoria Square starters and garden and especially the fountains.

I also noticed that the pou means different things and that helped me with my PBL. 

12 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Zoe,
    Your blog post this week was very good. I sounded like you had lots of fun. Maybe next time you could add a question at the end of you blog post but other that that you did a very good job.
    Keep up the great work!
    Ari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Ari,
      Thank you for your comment on my blog. Next time I will add a question.
      What was your favourite activity

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shyanne,
      Thank you for your blog comment. Next time I will try to tell you what I learnt. What was your favourite activity that we did.
      Zoe

      Delete
    2. Hey Zoe, my favourite activity was Victoria Square I learnt a lot in Victoria Square like a lot. I did not know that Victoria Square was named after the queen, Queen Victoria anyways great work!
      -Shyanne

      Delete
    3. Hey Shyanne,
      What was your least favourite activity?
      Zoe

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Xavier,
      Thank you for your comment on my blog, Next time I will try to write some in my paragraphs.
      Zoe

      Delete
  4. Kia ora Zoe!
    Amazing work! I love how you have put in full stops and capital letters. Next time you could add a question but apart from that amazing work. What is your second favourite activity at Margaret Mahy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Xavier,
      Thank you for your comment on my blog. My second favourite was prably feeding the tuna. What about you.
      Zoe

      Delete
  5. Hi Zoe,
    it looks like you had a lot of fun at Margaret Mahy. When I went to Margaret Mahy I had so much fun but next time I think you should add what you learnt.
    What was your favourite thing to do at Margret Mahy?
    - Shyanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shyanne,
      Mine was probably when we went in the Waka

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post