Pages

Friday, July 30, 2021

Matariki Poem

 Kia Ora, Welcome back to my blog so today I am going to be showing you my Matariki poem slide. We learnt 3 different poems they were diamante, Acrostic and haiku. I love doing all of them. We made a copy of a slide and then we wrote are own ones. Here is a wee bit of information for the three different poems if you don't know them.

Diamante: It is a diamond shape there are normally seven lines. The first line is topic one. Line 2 is two adjectives. The third line is three ing words. The fourth line is four nouns or a short phrase. the fiftieth line is three ing words. The six line is two adjectives. And then the last line is topic 2.

Acrostic: The acrostic poem is a word down and then starting with that letter you write something about the subject that you are doing. The subject that we are doing is Matariki. 


Haiku: A Haiku poem is when you use syllables for the poem you clap them. The theme is Matariki. The first line. The next line is 7 and then the last is 5 again.

Here is mine. Hope you like it!!!!! 

What is your favourite poem style?



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Zoe!
    I really like your poems. My favourite poem style is an Acrostic poem. I really like how you have added a question at the end. To make your blog post even better for next time just check your spelling. Apart from that Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Xavier,
      Thank you for your blog comment on my blog post. Why was acrostic your favourite syle of poetry. Next time I will make sure that I will check my spelling mistakes.
      Zoe

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Zoe,
    Your blog post this week was very good! Awesome Job. Next time just remember to add a capital letter for the names of the poetry styles but other than that you did a great job on your blog post this week.
    Keep up the awesome work!
    Ari

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post